24 Jun White Pleated Skirt, Green Jacket, & Snake Print Clutch [Plus: Five Trends to Wear to the Office]
Layering generally isn’t a thing in summer months because it’s so roasty outside. But the truth of the matter is, it can be downright chilly indoors, especially if the AC in the office is set to low and you’re on central air. To me, the best way to manage the situation is to layer by wearing breathable clothing like cotton jackets or light cardigans.
Clutch: Neiman Marcus
Jewelry: c/o Rocksbox (Try it out and get a free month with code: jennycaowuxoxo)
Speak of the office, I thought I’d share with you some of my favorite trends right now that are also office appropriate!
- Stripes: I love stripes because they come in so many different colors and sizes. I personally think thinner stripes that are neutral colors are easier to pull off in the office. It’s also easy to tone down a striped look by throwing on a blazer or cardigan and bring your look back to a 9 to 5 one.
- Off the shoulder: Off the shoulder tops are really popular, in case you haven’t noticed. These tend to be more difficult to pull off for the office, but not impossible. Treat an off the shoulder top as a tank top and be sure to layer on a jacket or cardigan. Then after work, throw that jacket off and you’re ready for a night out.
- Pleats: I really love a great pleated skirt and they are very easy to pull off for the office. Just pair with a blouse or collared shirt tucked in and you look polished and read for work.
- White on white: An all white look can be refreshing, especially when it’s hot out. To avoid looking a little too much like someone from the cast of The Real Housewives of Miami, keep your whole look neutral and avoid too much bling (i.e. gold and silver tones) or neon accessories.
- Chunky heel: Stiletto’s are always classic but the chunky heel is definitely in. What I love most about a chunky heel is that it’s often more comfortable to walk in than a stiletto heel so your feet can better withstand a long day of running from meeting to meeting. I particularly like a chunky heel with a more detail on the heel–it’s easy to tone down for more conservative work environments by wearing with a long, wide leg trouser.